Shivat Zion

Child of an Israeli

אזרח עולה
Last updated: 10.06.2024
Home > Information portal > Special Status > Child of an Israeli – Ezrach Oleh
If you were born outside of Israel to an Israeli father or mother (who held Israeli citizenship at the time of your birth), you have a special status called Ezrach Oleh. This is the list of documents that are required for an Ezrach Oleh in order to make Aliyah.

What You Will Need:

This document must be original and cannot be replaced by a marriage certificate or other proof of identity. You can find more information on the Apostille here.

  • If you were married more than once, you need to send all the relevant civil certificates and licenses (not replaceable by a Ketubah – a Jewish Marriage contract or by a Get – a Jewish Divorce document or the Judicial Sentence of Divorce).
  • If your spouse passed away, an official death certificate is required.
  • If you changed your name legally, you will also need a certificate of change of name with Apostille.

Your Israeli passport as well as the passport of your second citizenship (if applicable) must be valid for at least another year.

You must submit a letter explaining your eligibility status and including the legal names of both parents. This letter must meet strict conditions. If you converted to Judaism, you must send the conversion documents. You can find more information here.

As an Ezrach Oleh you must fill out and sign the following statement (only in Hebrew).

You have to prove that you resided outside of Israel during the last 7 years, such as a certificate of residence, a valid foreign passport, school documents or other proofs.

You must fill out this table listing all your entries and exits to and from Israel over the past 7 years

You may be requested to present notarized translations depending on the language your document was issued in and if you are making Aliyah from within Israel.

Steps to Take:

From abroad:

Call the Jewish Agency in order to start the process. You can find the phone number for your country/city here. You will then be sent a link to a form to fill out. If you need help with this, watch our tutorial.

You will receive an email from your account manager at the Jewish Agency setting a date and time for a first conversation, during which the Aliyah process and which documents you need will be explained. Be ready for the call.

After the call, you will receive a list of the required documents and your access details to the Aliyah Portal. All the following actions must be done on the Aliyah Portal:
a) Access the Portal and create your own password
b) Fill out the eligibility questionnaire
c) Pay the fee and upload the receipt
d) Fill out the remaining questionnaires
e) Upload the required documents
f) Send an email to your account manager informing him that you have completed the procedure.

After submitting all the required documents, the Jewish Agency will check your file. Be advised that they might request additional documents or information.

Once your documents receive initial verification, you will be notified that you are ready to schedule an interview with the Jewish Agency’s shaliach. You must follow the instructions exactly in order to schedule your interview. Please note that each country has a different way of scheduling them. In addition, you will be asked to send all the original documents to the Jewish Agency office. We advise you to make copies of everything you submit.

After the interview, you may have to submit additional documents, such as:

  • New background check with Apostille
  • Missing Apostilles of other documents
  • Medical certificate
  • Renewed portal forms

If the Jewish Agency does not get in touch with you within 30 days of the interview, contact them.

You will receive a final approval from your Shaliach

Within Israel:

Go in person to the Misrad HaPnim branch in your city with your valid Israeli passport and schedule an appointment at the Aliyah department. Please note that some branches in smaller cities do not offer this service and will direct you to an office in a bigger city nearby.

After submitting all the required documents, Misrad haPnim will schedule an interview for you to come in person. Make sure to bring all the original documents with you.

Important Note:

The State of Israel recognizes only 4 marital statuses: single, married, divorced, widowed. If your status is different, you need to check how it might influence the Aliyah process and benefits.

Additional documents may be required.